[GeoStL] Re: Talk about snake bites

  • From: Jim Everman <everman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 09:13:58 -0500

-
Eric & Dayna East wrote:
What sort of snake were they claiming it to be?
It's certainly possible that it was a venomous snake as there are plenty of
them down there, but more likely it was not. Most snake bites are from
NON-venomous snakes.

If you do not know your snakes it is VERY foolish to pick them up! It is also VERY irresponsible to try to scare someone with a snake! I get angry when I hear of such things! Snakes are already misunderstood and feared by many & idiots like that do nothing to help the situation!

One thing's for sure. This guy will not likely make that same mistake again. LOL

Eric

I did stop to watch a cottonmouth (or one heck of a good look-alike) swimming up Little Femme Osage creek yesterday. But by the time I got my camera out, I'd lost sight of it.

Getting ready to head out to look for "Up & Down" - if the rain holds off..

Geo Jim