[GeoStL] Re: Should I Attach A Photo To My Caches?

  • From: Dan Henke <thunder_monk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2003 19:38:40 -0800 (PST)

-
Greg,

I have hunted caches that had pictures attached and
frankly it makes no difference to me if there is or
isn't.....as long as the picture is not a spoiler
aka....showing the cache in it's location.....what's
the fun of that .....there needs to be some mystery or
caching is not nearly as much fun....a picture of the
area or a picture of a special feature is nice and
there have been times that I have looked at a picture
of the surrounding area and then went to find the
cache because of that feature .....but I hunt for the
thrill of the chase and the find so I will take it
either way...

Dan (Thunder)

--- Greg Ponder <thehairyhillbilly@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Since I live in the boonies and have very few caches
> available to find, I've been hiding caches. Someone
> suggested that I attach photos of the area where
> I've hidden the cache. My whole purpose of hiding
> caches is to make people aware of some great
> scenery, so the suggestion makes some sense.
> However, I'm worried that it will ruin the
> surprise--that the "Wow! I'm glad I bushwhacked
> across three states to see this place" will be
> reduced to "Well, I think the picture's better."
>
> What does everyone think? Would you go regardless of
> whether or not a picture is attached? Or would a
> picture get you moving more quickly?
>
> I appreciate the input and thank you in advance.
>
> The Hairy Hillbilly
>
> (Who May Soon Have More Caches Hidden Than Caches
> Found!)

 The SLAGA E-store is closed for image repairs......