[GeoStL] Re: Several helpers needed

  • From: Carol Shahriary <shah11@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 06:14:10 -0700 (PDT)

-
I can help, Rich.  But I need to leave right at 11
because of other commitments.  Are there enough
e-Trexs for each to have one or do they need to share.
 You can e-mail me off list with any details I need to
know.
Dancing Strawberry
shah11@xxxxxxxxxx
--- GC-RGS <gc-rgs@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Last week I put out an email for a few helpers to
> show 30 7th graders  how geocaching works.
> Unfortunately Stephen was the only volunteer. So,
> they (MO. State Parks) re-arranged the events for
> the week and moved the geocaching part to Friday,
> June 22nd. I'll be back in town by then so I'll be
> there but would like a few more helpers so we can
> break up the group into smaller manageable groups.
>
> I realize that most work so aren't available during
> the week for something like this, but hopefully a
> few retirees might be able to help out. Stephen has
> offered to help again but I'd think it would be nice
> to have 5 or 6 of us.
>
> We will do this just like we did last Saturday at
> WOW. There will be 3 temporary caches placed with
> goodies that we will hunt. We will have the yellow
> eTrex's for everyone so it will be easy to show how
> to navigate and the 3 WPs will already be loaded.
> This will take place on Friday, June 22nd from 9AM
> to 11AM and we will meet behind the visitors center
> which is just East of the History Museum in Forest
> Park.
>
> If you can help out, please let me know.
>
> Thanks,
> Rich

Carol Strawberry
"Common sense and a sense of humor are the same thing, moving at different
speeds.  A sense of humor is just common sense, dancing." (William James)