[GeoStL] Re: SLAGA 2008 Spring Picnic

  • From: Bob TheCacher <cachefinder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 23:06:59 -0600

You know I should read these things before asking questions.  It' May the 3rd!!
Someone wake me up.
BBD1

From: lwatermann@xxxxxxxxxxxxx: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: [GeoStL] SLAGA
2008 Spring PicnicDate: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 19:36:43 -0600

We're happy to announce that we were able to secure the hosting duties of the
SLAGA 2008 Spring Picnic.  Last year's Spring Picnic was our first event we
attended. Little did we know that one year later we would be hosting this
year's Spring Picnic at Cliff Cave Park in South St. Louis County on May 3rd.
The Riverside Shelter is one of (if not the) largest pavilions in the St. Louis
County Parks System. It was completed in the Fall of 2007. The restrooms are
scheduled to be completed in the Spring of 2008 in time for the picnic. The
pavilion also has electricity, lighting and a great view of the Mississippi
River.The park currently has 32 active caches and will most likely have more by
the time the picnic begins.The Riverside Trail is a 5.1 mile bike trail, rated
easy, for those wishing to bring their bikes, tricycles, roller blades,
skateboards or just your plain ol' walking shoes. If you have not found any or
all of the park's caches, a bike is recommended to complete them all. The cache
page is made, but Glenn, our friendly Geocaching.com admin., informed us that
we must wait until 3 months before the event to publish it. Being rookies, we
are looking for advice and volunteers with FOOD, ACTIVITIES, GAMES, AGENDA,
ETC. L Frank and Denmother (John and Laurie)