[GeoStL] Pioneer cache Update

  • From: "Mike Griffin" <griff@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2003 19:27:35 -0600

-
Good news for those who don't want to hike too far. I have found a parking
area that is only .392 Miles from the cache. If you hiked straight west from
the parking area for about 650 feet you will hit an old road. Hike straight
up the road heading South and you will come to the cache in about 1/4 of a
mile.
The altitude change is only 1150 - 1181.

Of course if you still want to park at the coords listed, it is about 2.5
miles one way, NOT 5 miles like I had thought.

Maybe Bruce will want to do Proffitt Mountain instead..

Mike

 The SLAGA E-store is closed for image repairs but this is what is there.
The SLAGA E-store  http://www.cafeshops.com/cp/store.aspx?s=SLAGA