[GeoStL] Re: Picnic

  • From: "Bernie" <happykraut@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 22:28:03 -0500

-

 Jen, yes and no. Of course I don't know what you mean by not "really" a
raffle. Most clubs set up raffles so they can increase the amount of cash in
their treasury. As far as winning a cache type prize and not being a cacher,
well if the prize was a new sewing machine, I probably would not enter
unless I wanted to win it for my wife. I have a feeling that if my wife
would win a nice new GPS, I would be the owner of such a prize. I would not
feel right in wasting someone's effort in creating an account that would not
be used.  Thanks  Bernie. And thanks for your offer.

Actually, I don't think it is *really* a raffle. I think that was just the
name that got stuck to it. It is more like a drawing. (Otherwise she can
have mine cause I don't do real raffles.)

But, the prizes are geocaching related. The rules were developed because
last year we ended up handing out prizes to people like your wife who didn't
really have any interest in geocaching and some geocachers lost out. Now, if
your wife *really* wants to win a prize, she can get herself an account
name. But, we would rather give away a nice new GPS to someone who is
actually interested in caching. Does that make sense?

Jen