[GeoStL] Re: Opinions, please...would a swastika be offensive to you, even if it's part of the cache's theme?

  • From: "Jim Bensman" <junkmailno@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 20:30:17 -0500

Michael, I think you made the right call by removing it. There are some
things that are so despicable they should not be used.  While some may not
be offended, you should not take a chance with something like a swastika.
It certainly could deeply offend many people.  Look at how offended some
people get over burning the flag.  I never got to know two of my uncles that
were killed fighting Nazis.  So one of the things a swastika symbolizes to
me is the hate that prevented me from ever knowing my uncles.  Perhaps
things have gone too far on PC.  But a swastika is the symbol of hate and
mass murder. This is not about being PC.  Is there any symbol more offensive
than a swastika?

Jim Bensman
"Nature Bats Last"