[GeoStL] OT: Droid2/FAcebook App/Verizon/Other? Virus?

  • From: sydstyr@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2011 22:02:05 -0500 (CDT)

-
Here's one for the smartest group of people I know to ponder.

I have the Facebook App on my Droid 2, (Motorola) Verizon phone.

A FB friend uploaded a new set of photos.  I was viewing the thumbnails on the
FB App.
My daughter was also viewing the same set of photos on her identical phone.

We have her parental controls set at "Age 13".  I do not have parental controls.

The photos were posted by another 13 year old kid.

One photo should have been of 2 kids and a dad at Chuck E Cheese playing a game
that gives a lot of tickets.
Her information on the photo said, "Yeah, me and my dad were the family money
makers".

My daughter's phone the thumbnail for that photo was the correct photo.
On MY phone, the thumbnail for that photo was NOT the correct photo. Nor, was
it an appropriate photo. As a matter-of-fact, it was more in line with the
"money maker" phrase than anything to do with a family visiting the home of a
giant rat.

However, I wasn't initially paying close attention (I have to take my glasses
off to see) and when I clicked on it (Again, still on my phone app) the rather
obscene photo came to full size for about 2 seconds (long enough for me to
think: WTH did I just see?) and then went to the photo it should have been.

This was not happening to my daughter's phone.

I didn't think to go to Facebook directly from a browser on the phone.

The photo stayed there until I logged out of the Facebook app.

I logged back in.  (Probably giving some Anonymous Hacker access to my entire
life) and it is gone.
It is not on the set of photos when I log into Facebook from a computer.

I've been trying to google and I'm not coming up with anything.

Any thoughts?

Nancy

from this

 Missouri Geocachers Calendar --->