[GeoStL] Re: Not Too Late: Head Outside

  • From: Dan Henke <thunder_monk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 07:37:40 -0700 (PDT)

I started watching the sky on Saturday night along with both of my sons and my
wife....we saw some really nice meteors on both nights but no where near what
was predicted. I spotted about 30 an hour last night with some really bright
long ones....a couple of green ones and even one that evidently splintered as
it hit the armosphere because suddenly there were parallel streaks (two
traveling side by side). This is the first year in a while I have had the time
to sit out and watch.
  While it was lightening all over the place and a cloud did move across the
sky we did not get any rain and the cloud cover lasted about 10 - 15 minutes.

  Hope some of you got to see at least a few and yes there will probably be a
few left overs yet tonight ....look to the North East

  Dan

tnsl <sydstyr@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
          Meteor Shower
  http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2007/11jul_greatperseids.htm