[GeoStL] Noah's Ark

  • From: Elkie <elkcooker44@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 10:08:39 -0700 (PDT)

They thought about re-opening the restaurant several years ago but there was
just to much damage inside to make it feasible.
There had been a fire when Tony's was there and the kitchen was a total loss.
When they evacuated the building no one ever went back and cleaned up. The
coolers were left and the tables still had plates with food on them. The smell
was terrible in there.
You would not believe all the stuffed animals that were in there and all of the
dishes etc are still in there.
I worked there when the hotel closed and we had all kinds of stuff stored in
the hall and into the restaurant. There is also a family of raccoons living in
there.
The building is in very bad condition, the roof leaks and the walls are coming
apart. I'm sad to see the Ark torn down. That was one of my "haunts" as a teen
and adult and I have a lot of good memories from there.

Life is way to short to take serious.

Sick sense of humor? Visit Yahoo! TV's Comedy with an Edge to see what's on,
when.