[GeoStL] NGR - TROUT FISHING IN AMERICA

  • From: Roger Barnes <rogbarn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 18:26:22 -0600

-
Please excuse my blatant advertising.  But this is one of those groups
that I think geocachers will like.  Please delete now if you are already
offended by this email.  If, by chance, you want more information, feel
free to email me.

On Feb. 17, 2006, First Church will host the group TROUT FISHING IN
AMERICA as part of our Fine Arts Concert Series. You won't want to miss
this inspiring and comic program for the entire family. This renowned
duo has performed throughout the United States for the past 27 years.
Their infectious mix of folk/pop and family music is tempered by the
diverse influences of reggae, Latin, blues, jazz, and classical music.
Their recordings have earned three National Indie Awards and multiple
Parents Choice Gold and American Library Awards as well as a two Grammy
nominations.  Their willingness to make fun of our most annoying habits
in one song then touch our heart with tender and passionate images of
family life in the next is what makes the connection between TROUT
FISHING IN AMERICA and their audience so real.

Prior to the concert, TROUT FISHING IN AMERICA will lead an hour-long
songwriting workshop for children. The workshop is recommended for
children 4th grade and older.  Four songs derived from previous
workshops have made it on to TFIA CD's, including two on the Grammy
nominated Family CD inFINity.  Call the church office and register now!
Space is limited.

Ticket Prices
Concert, 7:00 p.m.
General Admission:              $20.00
Children 3 - 12 years:          $8.00/Two for $12.00
Children under 3 years:         Free

Songwriting Workshop, 5:00 p.m.
Registration Fee:               $20.00 (includes workshop, supper, and concert
admission)
Scholarships are available upon request.  Please contact Dr. Ray Landis
at 962 - 0475.

Note: location is First Congregational Church of Webster Groves, 10 West
Lockwood Ave.