[GeoStL] Re: NGR: Finger Lakes State Park

  • From: "Gale R. Nie" <showme69@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 16:32:28 -0500

Never camped there before but have ridden ATVs there several times, always in February. Once my friend and I were the only two crazy people out riding. That was a lot of fun. Usually muddy that time of year too. Had the Blaster so bogged down with mud one time, it wouldn't even move. If you were just going to camp, I'd probably not recommend it but since you're going to ride, I'd say go for it. Never hurts to try once. Don't know if you've ridden on public land before, but you'll need to have a tall flag mounted to the bike for safety. It was a strip mine area, I believe Peabody Coal mined it, and there are lots of mounds and low areas where visibility of the upcoming trail is limited. Have fun.

Gale

Brian and Sue Steele wrote:
I'm looking for reviews of Finger Lakes if anybody has camped there. My best friend and I are thinking of camping in late October and taking the atvs for some fun time. Anybody camped there before? If so, the hubby's are worried about us on the trail. Anyone been out on them before? Thanks in advance! ;)