[GeoStL] Re: NCR - but Conservation Related

  • From: Joe Taylor <rockey_f_squirrell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 14:06:42 -0800 (PST)

I got passed a flier about that when i went into REI last time (about 2 weeks
ago... at first I thought about telling them about Geocaching and CITo, but
then I figure I would wait until I decide to actually go or not...

Anyway now that this has come up again it sounds like fun, they described to me
that we would get to ride a barge and make stops along the river to pick up
trash.

tklnhl & kyd <sydstyr@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
http://www.mdc.state.mo.us/cgi-bin/news/news_search.cgi?item=1111167718,77956,

Volunteers to Clean Missouri-Mississippi ConfluenceCome out and be part of
something big.

ST. LOUIS-Missourians who like tackling big jobs can get their hands dirty and
their feet muddy during the big-river cleanup at the confluence of the Missouri
and Mississippi rivers April 30.

The event is the latest in a series of river cleanups coordinated by Missouri
River Relief. Volunteers will meet at Columbia Bottom Conservation Area (CA) on
Riverview Drive off I-270 in extreme northeastern St. Louis County.
Registration begins at 8 a.m. The cleanup runs from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.

Organizers advise volunteers to wear work clothes and boots. Work gloves and
trash bags will be provided. Much of the work will be accomplished on land, but
some volunteers will ride boats to areas accessible only by water.

Chad Pregracke, who originated the River Relief concept, will be on hand with a
garbage barge and a fleet of commercial work boats to collect and sort trash
for recycling.

Event sponsors include the Missouri Department of Conservation, Bass Pro Shops,
the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and the Missouri Department of Natural
Resources (DNR).

To register, or for more information, call 573/443-0292, e-mail
riverrelief@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, or visit the River Relief Web site,
www.riverrelief.org.

- Jim Low - teers to clean Missouri-Mississippi confluence