[GeoStL] Re: Member Stats: Question

  • From: Sara Gomer <outdoorlady79@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 10:18:07 -0700 (PDT)

I believe this info is queried from the gc.com database based off of the
members GUID with gc.com through a perl script that Konopaw wrote.  If you are
refering to someone being listed there who lives outside of the SLAGA area it
is because at one point in time they requested to be a member.  For example
BAJA Clan  used to live in St. Louis and moved away but still somewhat actively
contributes to our email list.  Team MZFD may or may not be w/in the 100 mile
radius but does participate in SLAGA activities as her schedule allows.

OL79

JimSGreene@xxxxxxx wrote:
Hi measl,
 Which name isn't a member? As far as I know, everyone on there is on there by
their request. The only non-member is the listing for St. Louis Area
Geocacher's which is only used for group sponsored hides. We would have a whole
lot more if we scraped the gc.com database.

Strider