[GeoStL] MOGA Maps

  • From: "Jim Bensman" <junkmailno@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 18:56:36 -0600

-
I posted the map I made for Brawny Bear on the mapcenter page:

http://mapcenter.cgpsmapper.com/maplist.php?author=4216

Unlike my other maps, this one is NOT transparent and not intended for use
in the GPS (however for out of towners who don't want to figure out how to
use my other maps, this can be loaded into the GPS).  It is intended for use
on the desktop or laptop computer.  It has all the roads, topo lines,
hydrology, POIs, and trails (including the ones Dwayne ExpertGPSed).  It
will be great for planning your trip.  It is much better than ExpertGPS or
USGS maps.

This is a new map.  The directions on the CD tell you how to add a new map.
It should be added to the "Other Maps."  If you cannot figure it out or if
you don't want to figure it out, send me an email, and I will email you 3
files to replace in the "Other Maps" directory.  Or I will be at Cabin Fever
with CDs and my flash drive.  If you bring your laptop, I can update or
install the maps for you.

This map will be updated.  For example, Mike is going to GPS the trails.
Once the map is installed the first time on your computer, the next time all
you have to do is replace the file with the new map.

You will also notice there is a new version of the transparent Mark Twain
Lake map.  Mark Twain Lake is drawn with extremely low resolution in City
Navigator so I added high resolution data.  If you followed my directions on
how to install this map, now all you need to do is replace the img file on
your computer with the new one.  If you have not, follow the directions and
use the new map.

There is also a new MO POI file.  I noticed some of the POIs where under
Mark Twain Lake, so I dealt with that.

There is also a new version of the MO trail map (have to select next 10 to
see it) that has the trails Dwayne ExpertGPSed.

Once again, I will be at Cabin Fever.  If you have my maps on your laptop,
bring it and I will put all the updated maps on it for you and you won't
have to worry about it.

Jim Bensman
"Nature Bats Last"