[GeoStL] Re: Lost Outdoors

  • From: "Mike Griffin" <griff@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 11:53:21 -0600

-
Actually, the maps are downloaded from terraserver-usa.com. Dan indicated
that in the future he would have multiple servers to choose from. This would
be ideal since some maps don't seam so well. Pere Marquette was a prime
example of 4 topo quads for 1 park.. We had problems calibrating the large
map and had to break it into smaller, self contained quads..

Terraserver-usa is owned by Microsoft. He used to use terraserver.com but
they started selling their own software..

Mike

Tired of Spam??
Here's your solution..
See: http://www.spamarrest.com/affl?4001050