[GeoStL] Re: Lincoln County

  • From: Dan Henke <thunder_monk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 07:03:47 -0800 (PST)

-
Welcome Dave

  I enjoyed your article and I bookmarked the home page and look forward to
reading future articles.

  If you have any questions or need to talk with someone about geocaching  I am
sure you will get plenty of help from this group. I am located in  Rolla MO so
I think I am the furtherest west of all SLAGA members at  least that live
within the SLAGA boundaries.

  Again welcome

  Dan (Thunder_Monk)

"Dave (GeoCache)" <geocache@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:  -
Good morning. I am new to the geocaching community and have been enjoying
reading the posts for the past two weeks.  I feel like I know some of you
already!

I am a web developer in the Lincoln County area (when I'm not out enjoying
my new sport.)  We have a website for Lincoln County,
http://www.CountyMirror.com.  My wife just wrote a small article about
geocaching with our grandkids the past two weekends.  I thought some of you
might enjoy seeing it, and the pictures.  (There are no spoilers
included--I'm learning already.) The article is called "Fall Fun in Lincoln
County."  I am in the first picture on the main article page, half hidden
behind my grandsons.

We got the paperwork to place a new cache in Cuivre River State Park.  It
will be a family project.  There are many untapped opportunities up here, so
I would like to write a more in-depth article to put on our website and in
our magazine, The Mirror.  If anyone would like to contribute a thought,
especially those of you who have caches in this area, please let me know.
You can email me directly at dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  I will place a link to
SLAGA in the article as well as the County Information section of our
website

I hope, through a couple of interesting articles, to generate more interest
in our growing community.  More participants mean more new caches for you
"old timers."  In my short career, I've found caches in West Virginia and
Kentucky as well as our home area.

Dave
a.k.a. Mediavis
http://www.MediaVisionInc.com