[GeoStL] Labarque caches Mosquitoes already!!!!!

  • From: "Jim Bensman" <junkmailno@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2008 20:40:47 -0600

-
I did the Labarque caches today and there were mosquitoes at hole in rock!
Had a great time exploring the area.  It reminds me of the area my Bell
Smith Springs caches are in.  I wore my Tevas and was in water up to my
knees several times walking down the creeks.  It was strange in spite of the
temperature, there was still ice on the creeks in several places.  But the
water was not cold to walk in.

I think I found the best way to get into the area.  I have directions on my
log entry.  Basically you follow the creek SW for 1/2 mile and then you come
to the valley two of the caches are in.  It is a pretty easy hike with
somewhat of a trail most of the way.  Once you get to the valley two of the
caches are easy to get too.  The other one you still have to climb.  But we
climbed to other places today exploring the wonderful area.  This way looks
much better than the track files Strider gave me of the SLAGA route.

Jim Bensman
"Nature Bats Last"