[GeoStL] Labarque Trilogy group hunt on Sat 11/12/05?

  • From: "Jack Konecker" <jackkonecker@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 11:23:50 -0600

-
There was discussion about a group cache hunt/hike
of the Labarque Trilogy caches.  All three are located
in a nature area, just a few miles southeast of Pacific, Mo.
Some of those who have already hunted the caches
were excited about doing the hike again, so you can
imagine the area and the hides are nice.  I will say, though,
that the terrain is hilly, rocky and steep in places, so don't
expect, literally, a walk-in-the-park.  Use the usual
caution and plan ahead for a good workout.

I would like to propose a group hunt for this Sat., 11/12.
Time is tentative, but I will throw out a time; how about
meeting at the parking area at 9am.  Doing all three caches
will take hours of walking.

I will even suggest that SLAGA provide sandwiches and
drinks in the parking area after the hunt.

For anyone who can't make it this Sat., there is nothing
stopping you from planning your own group hunt.  However,
if we don't get any takers for this Sat., we'll have to
try another day.

If anyone is interested, say so here and I will start compiling
a list.  In fact, I'll put it on our SLAGA event calendar and
post it on the new web site.
Subject field