[GeoStL] Re: Kid Group Cache - Jan 1

  • From: "merkin" <merkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2004 22:02:13 -0700

-

Thanks to all the people who replied or e-mailed off-list with the information.
 I didn't know if it was a Health & Welfare issue (like Idaho) or a Child
Protective Services issue (Utah).  I called the hotline this evening and passed
on all the information ("Where did the incident take place?"  'Oh, it was about
1/10 mile SSE from N 38 46.053 W 90 32.951.'  "Could you be more specific?"
'Not really.  That's pretty darn specific.')  Took about ten minutes.  All I
had was a license plate number, but they can work with that, and our concerns
were justified.

I mentioned to my wife as we were leaving that I'd considered asking one of the
children involved to point out where they were parked so I could get the
license number.  My daughter made me go back to get it.  I was a little bit
chicken, but then remembered that I'm 6'3", 300 lbs, and that that was about
the same size differential between me and that parent as there was between that
parent and the kids.

Anyway, score one for the good guys today.

merkin4

Subject field