[GeoStL] Interesting use of GPS tracking capabilities.

  • From: Glenn <GLNash@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: SLAGA <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 08:12:58 -0500

-
http://tinyurl.com/d755s

It is a link to the Star-Trax tracking system that is tracking a bunch of motorcycles as they travel around the country. Click on different bikes and watch as the system maps out their trip. We are now in the 11th day of the rally and it is over in an hour or two.

I have been consumed with the activities here. Long before geocaching this is the kind of stuff I liked to do. Now, besides geocachers, these are the kinds of folks I hang around with. See the link below and read the adventures of the rally if you care to. This rally is like a giant scavanger hunt using the GPS, and motorcycles. Kind of like finding virtual caches. Starting with day one and progressing to 11 is an adventure.

I got into geocaching because one of my motorcycling buddies wrote with a link and a note.. "Hea, this is what we do all the time!!" I was hooked. Now, geocaching has taken away from my motorcycling time, and my continued interest in motorcycling cuts into my geocaching time. Basically, I dont get anything done. :-)

http://www.ironbuttrally.com/IBR/2005.cfm

this stuff is great.