[GeoStL] Help Needed!

  • From: Ashleigh Satterley <asatterley@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 14:13:07 -0500

 Hello everyone!

I am directing an all adult girl scout event the weekend of Feb 3. We
would like to have a geocaching workshop on Sat. Feb 4 in the am
(basically teaching what geocaching is, the history, the different types
of gps and caches there are, etc, and of course going out to find some
caches!). Wayne Lindberg has done it in the past and has put his own
caches out at camp for our workshop. (Wayne....if your interested in
doing it again we would love for you to come out). We will be at a camp
in Troy (off of hwy 40 and kk), the workshop will need to be about 3 hours
long.....we will feed you lunch!!

I took the workshop with Wayne last year and I got hooked and I have been
caching ever since. Our goal in offering this workshop is for leaders to
become familiar with the new activities at camp in order to get their
troops involved. Each of our girl scout camps have GPSs for any troop to
use during their stay.

Please let me know if you are interested in helping. I do have to warn
you though, the class may only consist of 2 or 3 people.  Thanks!

Ashleigh