[GeoStL] Re: Greetings

  • From: Know Future <know_future@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 10:17:52 -0600

-
Hi Rockey,

When you're ready to hit Buford Mtn post a note here. Maybe I could go
with you if I don't have to work. There may be others who want to go too.
It would be a great hike when the redbuds are blossoming. There are some
other neat caches in the area, too.

-- K. Future

PS: I used to know a Rocket J. Squirrel when I was a kid.

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 06:55:35 -0800 (PST) Joe Taylor
<rockey_f_squirrell@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
> -
> I am Rockey_F-squirrell, from Southern IL, not too far from Chester,
> or Perryville MO, so I get out to MO quite often by way of the
> Chester Bridge.  I started Geocaching in late January, and got
> hooked the first time.  Among my Favorite Caches are Amidon, Royal
> Pain, and River Aux Vases.
>
> Going to really rack my cache finds up when I start doing STL inner
> city caches, but I still prefer the Way OUt ones.  My near time goal
> is to do Bufford Mountain Conservation Area, but also want to save
> that for Cache #100, which should not take too long of crusin around
> St Louis.
>
> I've been hiking the trails of the Ozarks (mainly Arcadia Valley)
> even before Geocaching so that is my favorite area I have been to.
> My dad asked me one day if I knew how to read Latitude and Longitude
> lines and I said yeah, and he showed me about Geocaching and my
> interest took off from there.
>
> I learned about how to read and work a GPS reciever, believe it or
> not from Microsoft Flight Simulator 2000... LOL - works pretty much
> the same too.  Only reason I waited so long was, I always thought
> you had to subscribe to a service to use GPS - like direcTV, or Cell
> Phones.  Once I found out it is of free Use, I took off from there,
> and now I am here.
>
> Thanks for takeing time to read this,
>
> Joe Taylor
>
> P.S. Rockey the Flying Squirrell is also my CB Radio Handle

JURA BAR QBBE PYBFRF NABGURE QBBE BCRAF
Subject field