[GeoStL] Re: Geomath

  • From: Mike Lusicic <lusicic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 13:28:53 -0600

-
 By the way, I think I just remembered why Ed was so good at this stuff. I
amnot positive, but there was one of the guys in AVSIG who worked at
LawrenceLivermore Labs in the nuclear fusion area, and I think it was Ed. So
the math was a walk in the park for him.

Mike Lusicic wrote: - Well, I will keep that part to myself. BUT, Ed
Williams, the guy who put together the web page for one of the links
(http://williams.best.vwh.net/avform.htm[1]) [1]is an old acquaintance of
mine from many years ago when I spent WAY too much time on Compuserve's
Aviation Forum (AVSIG). That was the oldest, longest running forum on
Compuserve. And back when it started, they were actually called SIGs
(SpecialInterest Groups), not forums. I think I actually sent my first
message on Compuserve on a blazing 103 baud modem. Note that there is no Kb
or Mb. It was just 103.That was back in 1983 on an Apple II. tklnhl &kyd
wrote: - http://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=118366[2[2]]
All this thread on the gc.com forums does is make me giggle. That's all I
*can* do. And for those of you on this list who understand every word... and
we mostly know who you all are... feel free to keep it to yourselves. Nancy

--- Links ---
   1 http://williams.best.vwh.net/avform.htm
   2 http://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=118366[2
   3 //www.freelists.org/list/geocaching[3