[GeoStL] Geocaching in Russia

  • From: "Dan Eubanks" <deubanks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 16:47:55 -0500

-
BUMMER!

I am leaving for Russia on Wednesday. I was so ready to find my first
overseas geocache and leave a HK TB in it. I looked for a cache to hunt
and found only 8 in all of Russia. One of those is a virtual. Upon
further investigation I found that GPS units are strictly regulated in
Russia. You must obtain a special permit to bring one into the country.

The Russian Government is making it harder and harder for missionaries
like me to enter the country. My group leader said that if I tried to
obtain a GPS permit my Visa may be declined so I decided not to pursue
it. MAJOR BUMMER!

For more info click http://travel.state.gov/gps.html

Dan

Subject field