[GeoStL] Re: Geocaching Podcast

  • From: "Jack Konecker" <jackkonecker@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 18:53:01 -0500

Been listening to podcasts since fall of 2004.
Started with Adam Curry's Daily Source Code
and has expanded from there.  I don't miss
an episode of DSC.

I burn the podcast mp3s to audio CD and listen
to them on my work commute.  I have an iRiver on
order so I'll be able to get more files on a player,
as well as listen outside the car.

I was hoping that www.georadio.org
would get going and 'grow up', but the guy
running it lost momentum while he was distracted
by school the past few months.  The webmaster
is also the main interviewer  (he isn't getting any better).
In one of the podcasts, he interviews the guys
putting together the Ohio geocaching/camping
event.  It is painful to listen to.

I am contemplating using the microphone in the iRiver
to interview SLAGA members and submit it as a
podcast to georadio (or a better podcast, if I find
one!).

I am also buying my own DV camera, so I will
be capturing pictures and sound at SLAGA events
from now on!  So be careful what you do and say!

I added podcacher to my pod catcher (jPodder).
I haven't found a pod catcher I really like.  Maybe
when the Windows version of ipodderx comes out,
I'll pay for the full version.

(konopapw)

From: Square Pants <iwsp_geo@xxxxxxxxx>
To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx