[GeoStL] Re: Garmin is AWESOME!!!

  • From: Glenn <glenn.geocachingadmin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 21:04:40 -0600

-
I too am in possession of a shiney vista thanks to the GREAT folks at Garmin.

As some you you know, mine was pretty much beat to he..ck, had the lines, the click stik didnt work the rubber bits were falling off and it was wayyyy out of warentee. Even with all that it would find things pretty well. Anyway, they replaced it.

I will send a nice letter to the garmin folks tomorrow.

Glenn

At 05:59 PM 3/20/2005, Eric & Dayna East wrote:

-
Thanks Glenn! Your idea worked. I contacted Garmin with a similar e-mail to yours and they gave me an RMA # and replaced my vista at no charge even though it was over a year out of warranty!!
I got the new unit in a box with all the documentation, pc cable & lanyard yesterday. I placed it on e-bay lastnight and sold it today for $199.99. I now have 1/2 of the money I need to finally buy that 60CS! :-)

I'll never buy anything other than Garmin, their customer service is unbelievable!!!

God bless!

Eric