[GeoStL] GPS Reception

  • From: "Tim & Pam" <timpam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 18:21:07 -0500

-
I went with Dodgeman last weekend when he did Tour Montauk. At one part of
the hunt you end up in a deep valley in the woods. Dodgeman has a E-TREX
Legend, I have a old Garmin 12XL. The Legend lost satellite signal when we
got into toe valley and didn't get the signal back until we got out of the
valley/woods. My 12XL lost signal a couple of times but it always got
another satellite lock. If we wouldn't have had my 12XL He never would have
found the cache. I needed the GPS to find it also because it gets really
dark after the sun goes down and everything looks different with all of the
leaves on the trees.

Has anybody else had problems with the legend loosing satellite signal when
you think it shouldn't?

Tim

Subject field