[GeoStL] Re: *GLN Whitehaven

  • From: "Greg & Bobbi Crouch" <mocrouchs@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2004 22:05:44 -0500

-
We have relatives that live over in Metropolis IL and since we live near the
Irvin Cobb Bridge( AKA Brookport Bridge by the locals) I always take it
since it's faster than taking I-24 and my wife is always petrified until we
get over it. For those of you who don't understand why this bridge is so
scary, It is an al steel bridge with a steel grate road, the grate has holes
large enough to drop a coke can through, aboout 1 mile long and just barely
wide enough for 2 semi's to pass. The steel grate grabs and pulls your
vehicle all over the place. The KY end is up hill while on the grate and the
IL end has a sharp turn just as you are about to come off it. You should try
riding a 10 speed over it. I don't know what I was thinking but I did 3
times when I was a teen-ager. Rode over the I-24 bridge twice. At least you
didn't cross it at rush hour. B7y the way you passed within 4 blocks of my
house.

King HereFishyFishy