[GeoStL] Fw: Welcome to list 'geocaching'

  • From: "Mike Griffin" <griff@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 11:37:22 -0600

-
Warning! This Email could be potentially Bandwidth Intensive!

This was the welcome note I received when I first joined the newsgroup.
Unless it has changed, I feel jokes are acceptable, chatter and what not
should be acceptable too.. If a person ONLY wants to see geocaching related
email, I would suggest filters and perhaps leaving this group. I thought
that we were a geocaching group that has formed friendships with each other
and therefore this becomes our meeting place. As with any meeting, you chat
and tell jokes and relate your worst and best caching experiences. You also
update and discuss the status of caches. We discuss technology, toys,
trinkets, logs, problems, etc... Some have everything to do with geocaching,
others have nothing.. I agree with Barbara. I know this was NOT Glenn's
point and I can't thank Glenn enough for all the work he does for our local
group. But... This is a discussion group for the members of SLAGA. It bears
no resemblance to a GEOCACHING.COM Newsgroup.

I will plan on sending 50 jokes in one day if the whining continues.. :-)

Mike

"Insert useless tagline here"