[GeoStL] Re: Fw: MOGA 2008 and other topics

  • From: "Brad Wheeling" <brad.wheeling@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 18:50:38 -0500

Brad and I will get registered for MOGA '08 this week.... I keep
forgetting!  We also are going to try and do some major recruiting so that
we get LOTS of new people at the event for the weekend.  And I do believe
there is supposed to be an individual women's competition this
year.  I'm going to be in it, too!  I started the Boot Camp Fitness program
at work this morning, 5:45 am - 7:15 am, three days a week.  Feel the
burn.  And I plan to ride my bike or walk the dogs on the off days.  Watch
out ladies......five months and I'm going to get in primo shape.  Hope I
survive.  If I keel over, make sure Brad pays the college tuition for my
nephew and niece.  I made him promise.  ;)

A few things, while I've got them on my mind.

We would love to adopt the CoolCache cache just south of the airport,
Schoolteacher's Picnic.  Is this a CoolCache?  We'd like to move it closer
to the Veteran's Memorial.  And I also work downtown, 1/2 a block from Busch
Stadium.  I would be happy to pitch in and help maintain some of his caches
in the metro area.  Maybe a group effort?  I think if he's decided to
retire, we should wish him bon voyage, Mahalo for all the fun.  Thanks for
the memories and best wishes, CoolCache.

Springfield was off the hip!  The local group of cachers were SO wonderful
and accommodating, they made us feel very welcome and at home.  I think The
Brad and I found 82 for Fri/Sat/Sun.  And a few other milestones this
weekend for Team Wheelinb.....we hit #600.  To commemorate #600, we went and
found "Butterfly Garden," GCYV7Q. This cache has holds a special place in
our hearts namely because the super couple who placed this cache also turned
Brad and I onto geocaching!!  It is a cache in the yard of the people
responsible for getting us into GC and it was the one-year anniversary of
our very first find.  They brought us inside for a quick toast (he had a
beer, we had a glass of vino, too!  A delicious cabernet.  October 28, 2006,
was the day after the Cards won the World Series!  On Sunday, we found our
first "5" difficulty, WICKED & EVIL.  Hmmmmmm, and last but certainly not
least, we had a TOTAL BLAST with the SLAGA group caching around town.  Lots
of laughs, and laughing is one of my favorite hobbies, I'm very good at
it.  I even picked up a few tips from RGS, BBD, HK, JC Geo, Gerhardus, and
others.   Brad and I need to quit doing "Find Nearest...." on the GPS and
actually map out our route.  Better planning.  Maybe we could pick up some
more tips from the veterans on the list.

Thanks, BBD, for organizing this past weekend!  We're looking forward to
seeing you and more of the group again on Nov. 10 at Strawberry Ridge.

Kat
Team Wheelinb