[GeoStL] Fort Wayne cacher looking for Granite City Cacher

  • From: MOGA 2010 <mogamoga2010@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Geocaching Newsgroup <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 22:24:17 -0500

-
I received this on the groundspeak forums and told them I would post it here.
If anyone can help out, give FamilyDigger007 a shout.

Hey all..I'm looking for someone in either the Granite City, IL or Saint Louis,
Missouri area who might be interested in making a cache with me. I live in Ft.
Wayne, IN, but once had family in the Granite City, IL area. In the early 1860s
my great great great great grandfather was a prominent farmer there and owned a
small family cemetery on his farm. In the 1950s or early 1960s there was little
of the family left to fight for it when the city decided to build a subdivision
and road right through the cemetery. My great great great grandfather fought
for the Union Army and was wounded and discharged in 1862. He, his wife,
brother-in-law, father and mother in law's graves are now marked in the middle
of the grassy median, with flush to the ground bronze markers. I would like to
place a traditional cache in one of the trees near where the markers are, in
his name, but I would not be able to check up on it or do maintenance on it if
the need would arise. I would how ever put the cache together and pay for
everything. Is there anyone out there that would be interested?

from this