[GeoStL] First Finds

  • From: JimSGreene@xxxxxxx
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 02:22:33 EDT

-
Here are the first log entrys from some of the SLAGA members.

Lucky Duck
February 2, 2003 by Happykraut (515  found)
Went back for the second time. This time I was armed with the
correct coordinants. Only a .15 mi. hike this time around
compared to an over 2 mi. loop this morning. This was my fifth
find today. Put in a nickel and took a lucky penny. Fun,fun,fun

February 2, 2003 by Happykraut (515 found)
I'm hooked.  Just bought this GPS a few days ago and almost
walked up to the cache without the GPS on my first find
yesterday. Today I went to Woodland Park with all the
confidence in the world. There wasn't a smidgeon of doubt in
my mind that I would not find the cache. WRONG. I walked
around in the middle of this muddy cornfield,ankledeep,
forever (GPS showed I was within one foot). Boy was I
shocked. Came home and found out that I programmed the
wrong coordinates into it. I WILL be back. Thanks
[view this log on a  separate page]

Pray for the USA
September 1, 2001 by BruceS (3403 found)
This  was our first cache. Think the kids are hooked. Took

nothing left a log entry
October 16, 2001 by nyisutter (177  found)
Thanks for introducing us to Geocaching. It was a lot of fun.
This was our second try at trying to find the cache, the first
was without a GPS. Didn't know we had so many trails back
there and thought I could do it. With the GPS it was easy to
find. Took the phone card and flag sticker. Left a Rich Mullins

CD and a prayer card. Took picture of the family.
October 20,  2001 by MrB (209 found)
Second try of the day and first find. Spotted the  container from
the trail easily so I put some more leaves and twigs on top
when I left. Took the Yo-Yo and left a pocket atlas. Also took
one of the New Testaments because there was too much stuff
in the box and the lid wouldn't close.

November 28, 2001 by K-TEAM (1293 found)
K-TEAM FRIST CACHE,HAD A LOT OF  FUN. TOOK A

PIC AND TOOK A TOY,
LEFT A TOY. THANKS FOR THE NICE CACHE!!! KORY
& KEVIN

Greensfelder 1
February 16, 2001 by SCHAPE (57 found)
MY  FIRST FIND. No problem. Took cigar and left gold
dollar. SCHAPE & MB

 Queeny Park Deer Run
March 1, 2001 by Mean Gene (839  found)
Good job! This was my first geocache. My family and I found it
in late March but never logged my visit on the Geocaching site
until now. We did not get to the treasure soon enough and only
found some rocks. Thanks for teaching my kids that four letter
French word - ciel. We signed the logs and took our picture. It
was this cache that gave me the idea for Pirates' Treasure.

Thanks. - Mean Gene

Old Mission Dam (California)
March 16, 2002 by goshhawk (629  found)
My first cache! Went with my son and enjoyed the hike and the
scenery. I am here on vacation from Missouri and was very
impressed with the park and the dam. Found cache on my own,
although my son had previously spotted it. Started to rain while
I was writing in your logbook, but otherwise the day was very
pleasant. Took nothing from the cache- left a calling card.

Good adventure

K96 Bike Path
November 29, 2002 by The Brawny Bear (1000  found)
This was really our first cache! We are visiting friends here in
Wichita and decided that for some Thanksgiving fun we would
all go Geocaching! It was exciting for the kids and now they
are hooked!
We found Ready Teddy travel bug and will place in the St.
Louis area.
Left - Air Force Key Chain and Free Video Card
Took -  Ready Teddy travel bug!!

Blood Cache
November 1, 2001 by RGS (1183 found)
I just got my  GPS last Sunday so I wanted to try it out. Your
cache was the first one I picked out and found it with no
problems. Nothing in, nothing out, just wanted the practice. I
just registered today on geocaching.com so I'm 5 days late
with this posting.

All Wound Up
December 11, 2002 by Le-roy (1054 found)
This was my  first findl......came within 5 Feet.Great fun and
I'm now hooked.
Thank You
Le-roy

1000 Words Cache
June 15, 2001 by myotis (1170 found)
This was  the first one I tried to find. I did notice the
coordinates were about 50 feet off. I had a WAAS differential
reading until about 50 feet before I got to it, so I am pretty sure
the reading is off, but knowning it was the bridge made it easy
to find.

Geocache by ALW
February 24, 2001 by *gln (1044 found)
User's web  page
1030AM
Nice place and easy to find although it was very well hidden.
Never knew the park there. The Container was just about full.
We took the world from this one and left something to dry your
eyes with. This is cache #1 for me.
**Glenn & Walt, St. Louis, Mo

Geocache by Doug
February 12, 2001 by denali (924 found)
Was in the  area, so I decided to look for my 1st cache. Found
cache at 10:15am on 2/12/01. Left something new and took
some golf balls. Easy to find. The only problem was some
pricker bushes. JCT

Ghosts by Glenn & JoA
August 19, 2001 by konopapw (864 found)
We  found our first cache!
We went looking for it on Thu and all I got out of the
adventure were chigger bites. Today, we went back and with
some general advice from Glen, found it in 10 minutes. It was
only a few feet from the tracks we left the first time. Now we
know what to look for.

Took: Plastic picture frame
Left: Green stress ball with smiley face on  it

Paul & Elaine

Under the Boardwalk
February 5, 2001 by Strider (772 found)
Nice  spot, I've never been in that part of the park before, had a
great time. The dogshad fun too.

Stick 'em Up
November 29, 2002 by GB-Cacher (718 found)
This was our  first cache find! Actually we were halfway to
finding this the day before, but the batteries for our GPS gave
out. Our first lesson learned about geo-caching! We were
coming from the horse parking lot so the hike was a nice one
for us. Thks! Jennifer and Dad

Eddie's Money
August 11, 2001 by Tim, Pam & Molly (650 found)
Our  first success at find a cache! Looking forward to finding
more. Took nothing - left footprints!

Wild Bird
March 26, 2003 by Geo Jim (627 found)
Just down at the  corner of the block. My first official find!
Watched by rather non-curious bird watcher.

Chain Mail
September 15, 2001 by Barramus (601 found)
First cache  found ! Took the guardian angel, left a smily face
key chain. Nice view, the flag was at half staff.

Elephant Slide
August 19, 2003 by baja clan (505 found)
Our very  first cache attempt, and it got us into caching as a
family. Kids read and solved this one and are subsequently
hooked!  Signed log using a different Team name. (We
changed the name when we created our gc.com acct.) The
stamp is just about broken in half and needs TLC. TNLN.
Thanks for the fun!

Fenton Microcache
November 16, 2002 by dogda (517 found)
First cache  find with my son. We had a good time. Thanks!
digda

Sabino Canyon Cache
January 5, 2002 by Soldiers of Fortune (430  found)
Our first cache! Thanks for making it fairly easy. A great day
for a hike. We took a peace sign erasure and the Black and
White game. We left a plastic American flag with a stand and a
cassette tape of country music. Can't wait to go out again
tomorrow
-Zoejuju

Impress Me Cache
November 13, 2003 by SWAseeker (420 found)
Thanks,  This was my first Cache and after walking all around
it I finally found it. Good one. SWAseeker

Harry's Secret Wizard Cache
March 23, 2003 by I_Wear_Square_Pants (435  found)
1st cache find. Wandered around for about 15 minutes until my
son decrypted the clue and we found it shortly thereafter. Ran
into other geocachers near Cat Lover's Cache and shared the
coordinates for this cache.

Generally A Cache Here
February 14 by BlueBeadMan (340 found)
Hey! I  have made my first find! I hope it is the first of many and
it started at General Bissell's house. In what little space was
available, I left one small blue bead. Enjoy! TFTC!

Guiding Light
January 25, 2003 by Dreicat (375 found)
This was the  first one we found!! Actually my husband went up
& I waited in the truck by all the work trucks. The stairs are
still all torn up & I wasn't sure about braving the hill. We saw
another car up the hill by a house so we didn't park there.
Anyway, he found it!! Took the knife, left a red votive candle. If
you get hungry here go to the Becky Thatcher Restaurant.
Locals, friendly service, big portions, great prices! Thanks! C

Missouri's Highest
August 24, 2003 by mamalu (368 found)
This was my  first time! I am familiar with the area so I figured
it was a good place to start. I have to admit I don't have a GPS
unit -- yet! I found this one anyway and it was such fun. I took
my kids with me, though I think they thought I was nuts. Can't
wait to do more.

Impress Me Cache
November 30, 2001 by Island-Dave (350 found)
THIS IS  THE CURRENT DIRECTIONS AND CLUE FOR
THE CACHE
This was the first cache that I have found.
The cache has been moved by boat, truck, plane and car to
some public land near the Mississippi River in Louisiana.

November 18, 2001 by Island-Dave (350 found)
My first cache  find ever. I found this cache without the use of a
GPSR and I came here by boat in the dark. The hints are all it
took. I will relocate the cache in the near future.

44th Rest Cache
January 18, 2002 by thunder_monk (339 found)
Our very  first cache....we decided to go for an easy one first....
then we didn't get there till 7:55 PM...it was pitch black and
snowing and we had no GPS with us. But the clues led us to it
after a bit of searching. Cache was in great shape and dry....
We signed the log book and my 13 year old could not resist the
marbles and Harry Potter stones...so we took those and added
a unopened hot wheel....2 wooden nickels from the Centennial
celebration of Phelps County (1957) and my son put in a
squishy hand?....Thanks for a great first experience and be
watching for our names on other caches soon....Thunder and
family Rolla, MO

The Mexican
August 2, 2002 by NickyRex (325 found)
This was my 1st  find. It was great. I picked the little soccer
ball and left my Hot Wheels car. Thanks IKanFindIt, you're
the best.
[last edit: 8/3/2002 5:44:16 AM PST]
[view this log on a  separate page]

August 2, 2002 by IKanFindIt! (321  found)
This was our first cache found. Thanks to my buddy,
NickyTRex, we had a great adventure with many more to
follow. Left a Hot Wheels car (made in an M country - not
Mexico, though) and took a tiny soccer ball. Thx missourimule!

Suburban Oasis
June 26, 2003 by deltawinner (312 found)
This was my  very first cache. Had a successful journey.
Actually ran into another geocacher returning from the site.
Took the _www.watchgeorge.com_ (http://www.watchgeorge.com)   dollar as I am
also watching
another one and left a memo pad and golf tees. It's was an
unusually cool day after 2 days of 90 degree temperatures
which made it enjoyable.

Forest Park Pentacache
July 8, 2001 by sniper1 (288 found)
Found the  firest cache on 07--8-2001, but didn't have time to
continue. Went back several days later with my wife and son
and found the other four. This is the first time I've ever tried
geocaching. My family and I enjoyed it a lot. Thnaks.
The Mexican

December 30, 2002 by rocksusan (215 found)
This was my very first find.  Somehow it seems fitting, as I visit
this park on almost a weekly basis. Now every time I go I can
remember my first cache. In keeping with the theme, I left a
small prety rock from Mexico, and took the rattle. Thank you.

Whitecliff Cache Course
July 21, 2002 by missourimule (116 found)
My  first cache, too, as part of the Mensa group. It was a lot of
fun, and the markers are very well done. I'm worn out, but the
margaritas helped!

July 21, 2002 by purple (169 found)
User's web page
My  first cache! Six Mensa members enjoyed this treasure hunt.

Thanks for setting it up!

Rivers Edge Cache
June 17, 2003 by TKLNHL & Kyd (143 found)
Our  first attempt and it was a success. We love this area and
have become biking regulars here, but this was the first time
on the walking trail. The Kyd pointed out all the wild animal
tracks and is convinced they are Cougar. And, hey, why
shouldn't they be? Kyd chose the Jesus is the Reason for the
Season keychain and left a handy dandy flashlight.

McNair Park Cache
August 9, 2003 by Frostygreg (143 found)
It was my  first one! We loved it. Did do some hacking thru the
woods. We took the plastic bug and left the elephant. had lots
of fun in the garden.

Noone Home
February 15 by Didg Guy (135 found)
Found this one in  about 15 minutes with a friend. Strider
stopped by and introduced himself and stayed to watch. My
first find!!

Larsony
December 28, 2002 by rogbarn (100 found)
After 81 benchmarks,  this is my first geocache! It was great
fun watching the GPS help me zero in on it. Found it with the
help of searcher1655 and his daughter, very nice experience. I
was so excited about going out to find my first cache, I forgot
to bring anything with me, so I TNLN.

Urban coin-can hidden in plain sight
April 29, 2003 by xitaqua (98  found)
Newbie.
It was really cool.
Took a bangok coin, left 2  costa rica coin(10 colones).
I recommend this one for all the first  timers.

Subject field