[GeoStL] Excel based utility

  • From: "merkin" <merkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 17:32:37 -0700

-

Here's a quick update on my little Excel project.

I've got a .loc file e-mailed by the Pocket Query Generator.

I've built an Excel macro that will import the file, clean it up, and generate
a nicely formatted spreadsheet with the Name ID, the Cache Name, the Lat, Lon,
and a link to the webpage.  Tomorrow, I'll work on converting dd.dddddd to dd
mm.mmm format.  This is pretty slick, and it doesn't care how long or short
your .loc file is.  I know hints, etc. would be great, but that information
isn't available in the .loc file.

I'll let you all know when the file is done so y'all can do some alpha testing.

merkin4

Subject field