[GeoStL] Re: Downloading

  • From: Tom Wolpert <tom_wolpert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 May 2013 19:43:44 -0700 (PDT)

This is DeLorme PN-60, right? Sometimes GSAK send to GPS hacks up when sending
to DeLorme units if  a cache description has unusual characters in it.  To get
around this, don't use Send to GPS.  Instead, connect the GPS as a removable
USB
"drive".  Then use the File -> Export option in GSAK to export to the waypoints
folder on the "drive" in GPX format.  I have never, ever had a problem with
this
approach.  (I only had problems with Send to GPS a couple of times.  But when
it
does happen, it's related to a particular cache -- and there's no way around it
short of removing that cache from the PQ.)  It's a WHOLE lot easier to use the
export function instead.

Just in case you haven't done this in a while -- Menu, Menu, highlight
Settings,
Enter, highlight Connect to Computer, Enter, highlight the list under When
Connected, Enter, highlight Open SD Card or Open Internal Drive (according to
where you want to put the file), Enter.  In a minute or so, the GPSr will show
up as a removable USB "drive".  Do your thing in GSAK.  When you're done, just
highlight "Use GPS" on the screen on the GPSr, press Enter.

Tom