[GeoStL] Re: Creating Additional Waypoints

  • From: Glenn <glenn.geocachingadmin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2014 16:20:17 -0500

This how I do it…

ADDITIONAL WAYPOINTS .. HOW TO DETAILS.

See: http://support.groundspeak.com/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=72

OR here is a "step by step" of how to use this feature.

-------
1. Sign in to your account on Geocaching.com.
2. Display your cache page.

3. There is a Navigation section at the top right of the cache page
where a "waypoints" link will be seen; click on that link.

4. First, you may choose a waypoint type - Final Location, Parking Area,
Question to Answer, Stages of a Multicache, and Trailhead.

4a. For a complex cache, you could have entries for the parking area,
trailhead, questions to answer, stages of a multicache, as well as the
final location.

4b. For a traditional cache, you might want to enter the parking area
and/or the trailhead.
4c. For a puzzle/mystery cache or a multicache, it will be necessary to
make an entry for each stage and for the final cache location.

5. After choosing a waypoint type, you may enter a name for it. This can
simply be parking, stage one, stage two, final, or whatever you choose.

6. Next is an entry field for a waypoint lookup code. As it says on the
Waypoint Collection page, STAGE1 or FINAL are good names for the lookup
code. You may use anything you want, but each entry must be unique - you
cannot have two waypoints with STAGE1 as the lookup code.

7. After that there is an entry field for a prefix code. This could be
an abbreviated version of the lookup code, like S1 for STAGE1.

8. Next are the entry fields for the waypoint coordinates, which are
completed in the same manner as the coordinate entries on the edit cache
page.

9. Finally, there are three choices for how the waypoint should be
displayed.
9a. Show all information for this waypoint, including coordinates - this
should be chosen for parking waypoints, trailheads, and in those cases
where the geocacher is being sent to a location to gather information or
to answer a question that may be required to determine the final cache
location.

9b. Show the details of this waypoint but hide the coordinates - perhaps
to indicate how many stages a multicache has, without giving anything away.

9c. Hide this waypoint from view except by the owner or administrator -
this should be chosen for intermediate stages of a multicache or a
mystery/puzzle cache, as well as for the final cache location.

10. When you're finished inputting all the waypoint information, press
the “Create Waypoint" button.

**** Do not press the “Archive Waypoint” button
unless you want everything to disappear. To hide the information from
public view, follow instruction 9c.