[GeoStL] Re: Congratulations on 5K

  • From: "Jim Bensman" <junkmailno@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 21:46:40 -0500

Thanks everyone.  And a special thanks to everyone who hid the 5K caches I
found.

It was Nooks and Crannies and here was my log:

5000!

I always liked this spot. It was always a great place to stop and eat lunh.
The cache was the first place I looked. Grabbed it and sat down with my feet
in the spring feet water. Frogs were going at it so that was neat. I also
spotted the frog. That little thing was so loud. I sat and thought aobut all
the fun I have had finding 5K caches!

This was my successful trek to 5K. I found my first cache on June 15, 2001.
Back in those days I thought getting to 500 was impossible. It has been a
long trek to 5K. Done so many caches and met some many friends. So where to
go for 5K? I decided the Lewis Trail since it was a 8 mile strenuous hike.
The kind of caches I really like. Back in 2001 I hid the first caches ever
on the Lewis and Clark Trails. So after a nice SLAGA lunch (I worked it off
today!) nearby, I headed off the trail. I did it in my favorite caching
gear, my Tevas. It was a wonderful day. The weather was great. In the areas
that were just burned, the wildflowers were spectacular. There were so many
great views along the trail. Other than at the end and beginning, I felt
like I was off in some big Wilderness, Lots of frogs and birds too. So
thanks for such a great serious of caches for my 5K trek.

Myotis
Alton, IL
Free Garmin topo, trail, POI , maps at: (visit link
<http://webpages.charter.net/jbensman/Maps.htm> )

[view/edit
<http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=968db0cd-5848-4996-82cf-f9e4f7
1ad3b3>  logs/images]