[GeoStL] Re: Camera

  • From: "Richard Sheffold" <GC-RGS@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "freelist" <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 22:53:48 -0500

 Wow, you bought 2 cameras?

The geo tagging is really neat. My phone has a GPS and a geocaching app
(GCZii). I can turn on tracks and each picture I take gets tagged with the
coords when the pic is taken. Then when I'm done taking the pics, I run a
program and select the pictures I want. I can display the pics on the phone
using Google maps in map view or sat view at the location the pic was taken.
Or, I can create a KML file with the pictures imbedded and email the file to
anyone. When they open the attachment, it starts Google Earth and displays
the picture when the camera icon on GE is selected. Neat stuff!

from this