[GeoStL] Calhoun County Series RE: Re: New Year's Day

  • From: "Jim Bensman" <junkmailno@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 11:37:36 -0600

-
I hiked Titus Hollow yesterday and moved it so it can be found again -
terrain rating still is a 4.  It sure was warmer yesterday!  I did not even
have to zip up my jacket.  Of all my 100 plus hides this is the one most
people have said is their all time favorite cache and many have done as a
milestone.  So I did not want to shut down such a historic cache.  So if you
found it before, you will be able to log it again at its new location.

The series is completed and is awaiting reviewer approval.  There are 10 new
caches.  Swan Lake is a virtual so I kept it and changed what you have to do
to log it.  So there will soon be 12 you can find and log.  All but Titus
are pretty easy or real easy.  Absolutely no lame caches, everyone is in a
neat spot.  There are 4 ? caches where I was avoiding having to deal with a
sensitive site or USFWS or IDNR rules.  On these you go to a neat spot, I
give you two choices of where the final is (sign or guard rail) that you
determine by answering a simple question.  For Cave Springs, you have to
answer if the opening is more or less than 25 feet.  So hopefully people
will get more enjoyment than what they did in the series I set up there in
2001.  There are also additional new caches by others in the area.

Oh yea, the Windfield Ferry is operating again-I heard it had shut down for
good, but it was open.  But all the other ferries are closed due to ice. I
had to go to Hardin and cross the Joe Page Bridge.

Jim Bensman
"Nature Bats Last"