[GeoStL] Re: Caches in St. Peters City Centre Park

  • From: "Mike Griffin" <griff@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 10:49:58 -0500

Ohhh... OK.. Never mind my last post...

Mike

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Susan Ring
  To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Friday, May 21, 2004 10:29 AM
  Subject: [GeoStL] Caches in St. Peters City Centre Park

  I just wanted to give a heads up to everyone about avoiding City Hall (or
City Centre) during the first two weeks of June.  This is the park with The
Mexican and Neighborhood Niche and which gives the best access to Google Search.

  The Olympic Diving Trials are being held from June 7 to 14, with prep work
going on the week before.  I just went to a volunteer training session last
week and they told us that security is going to be really tight around the Rec
Plex.  That includes the parking lots which of course are very close to the
caches.  They actually told us that no matter where we are working the event,
outside or inside, each volunteer will  be within sight of maybe ten law
enforcement guys of various types!  Plus the bomb sniffing dogs (hopefully not
cache sniffing!)  Another heads up is that there will be no free parking in
those lots because it's all reserved for either workers of patrons of the event.

  Chris is going to disable his Neighborhood Niche for a couple of weeks, but I
can't get hold of the owner of the Mexican (see my other post).  When it gets
closer I'll put notes on the Mexican and Google Search to let others know
what's going on.

  BTW, I have to put in a plug for this diving event.  There are still some
tickets remaining, through Metrotix.  Diving is pretty cool to watch on TV
(it's being televised in primetime by NBC) but in person it's AWESOME.  There
are about 100 divers trying out for 11 spots, so lots of drama, too.  Every
single diver who goes to the Olympics has to qualify here in little old St.
Peters.  OK, end of plug :-)