[GeoStL] Re: Cache containder idea???...Now Moving Caches

  • From: Dan Henke <thunder_monk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 18:55:05 -0800 (PST)

-
Yeah it is too bad and still don't understand why they are not allowed....just
another one of the hairbrain decisions that make a great hobby not so
great....I had a great idea for a moving cache I wanted to try to ....a mailbox
cache with a roll of stamps or two and my address along with a log book....the
person who finds it sends a postcard from their area to me and then moves the
cache on somewhere else and sends the new coords to me to be posted. When the
stamps were gone I could be contacted and would have sent new stamps fot the
cache. The postcards would have been scanned and used to show where the cache
had been. But that is another idea shot down by gc.com

  Jim if you have not archived the Moving cache you could always put another
box out under the same name and keep it going as they will not approve another
one .

  Dan
Jim Bensman <junkmailno@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  -
That's too bad. The reason why I set up the moving cache was to give people
an opportunity to hide a cache before they did an actual cache. Seems like
a good thing to have.

Before there were travel bugs, I also had my Impress Me cache GC22CC that
was a moving cache that moved around the world. It traveled over 30,000
miles and went to Hawaii, England, France, and all over the place. It also
traveled in a commercial plane cockpit. I really liked that cache. But it
went missing in KY with postcards and pictures of its travels from around
the world. But its adventures are in the logs with lots of pictures.

Jim Bensman
"Nature Bats Last"