[GeoStL] Re: Burying Caches

  • From: Mike Tollefson <mbtoll@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 08:00:21 -0700 (PDT)

-
Seems to conflict with what the gc.com website explicitly says under
the heading "off limit (physical) caches."

It says "Caches may be quickly archived if we see the following (which
is not inclusive): "

Point #2 - "Caches that are buried. If a shovel, trowel or other
?pointy? object is used to dig, whether in order to hide or to find the
cache, then it is not appropriate."

This seems to suggest that you can't dig to hide a cache.  I guess you
can use your hands or are those "pointy" objects.  Hmmm.... Nothing
here about permission to bury - its just forbidden as is digging.

Mike

--- Glenn <Glenn@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> -
> With permission you can bury anything you want.  Also depends on your
>
> definition of buried.  I will allow anything that is doable.
>

> At 07:35 PM 5/31/2005, J.A. Terranson wrote:
>
> >-
> >
> >On Tue, 31 May 2005, Dan Eubanks wrote:
> >
> > > Why do they keep saying that caches are "buried"?
> >
> >Why not - certain admins will allow this you know ;-/
> >
> >--
> >Yours,
> >
> >J.A. Terranson
> >sysadmin@xxxxxxx
> >0xBD4A95BF
> >

> >"Never belong to any party, always oppose privileged classes and
> public
> >plunderers, never lack sympathy with the poor, always remain devoted
> >the public welfare, never be satisfied with merely printing news,
> always
> >be drastically independent, never be afraid to attack wrong, whether
> by
> >predatory plutocracy or predatory poverty."
> >
> >Joseph Pulitzer
> >1907 Speech

> Glenn,
> Missouri Geocachers Assoc  http://www.MoGeo.com