[STL Geocaching] Blue Ribbon Cache

  • From: Richard Sheffold <dsheffold@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2002 14:16:20 -0600

Thought you'all might enjoy my plight at Sherman today for the blue ribbon
cache.

1:00 PM - I thought I'd get this one from Sherman. As I got to the bottom of
the hill to park, there were 6 County police cars in the church lot. They had
their trunks open but I assumed they were there for training or something. I
parked at the end of Larry's road and proceeded to the cache. I thought it
would be muddy, and it was! I enjoyed the walk anyway, even UP the hill. I left
a pickup truck (small one) and took nothing. As I drove back by the church lot
it was packed with 20-25 police cars and a crime scene truck. Police cars were
even parked on the roads. Everyone had fatigues or SWAT gear on. I passed 6
more cars as I was driving back up the hill. I felt good that I found the
cache, rehid it, and didn't get spotted, or shot. Either it's a HUGE training
exercise or something is going down. Placeman, thanks for an interesting day.

RGS