[GeoStL] BK Leach Conservation Area

  • From: "Mike Griffin" <griff@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 17:54:48 -0600

-
As some of you know, my son has been working on a service project for BK Leach
Conservation area and would like to have some help from the caching community.
He has the opportunity to set 40 waypoints for Wood Duck nesting boxes that
need to be installed. After the waypoints are set, trees will be marked with
surveyor tape and the coordinates given to BK Leach personnel. The following
week or shortly thereafter, we will install all 40 wood duck nesting boxes.
The coordinates will be put into GIS software so they can maintain the boxes.

He has asked me to enlist the help of the caching community in this effort.
Pending approval, which we will know in a few hours, we plan on starting this
Saturday. If you have some warm clothes, hip boots or waders, waterproof boots,
and a GPSr, then we need your help. BK Leach is a huge area and could handle
several caches. The compliment to the service project is the relationship we
will build with BK Leach. Hopefully, Brian Loges, the Director, will allow us
to hide a few caches out there.

If you are interested in helping out, please feel free to let me know. We
really need people who can teach the youth how to operate a GPSr and help them
set these waypoints. The youth will be between 11 and 17 years of age.. (BSA).

Thanks!

Mike Griffin
Want a Free IPOD?
http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=13412278