[GeoStL] Re: Averaging coordinates

  • From: Sarah Chisholm <sarah_cf30@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 14:27:16 -0700 (PDT)

Steven,

Say you took three readings for where you hid a cache; just add the readings
for the north coordinate (usually just the last three numbers will do) and
divide by three. Do the same for the west coordinate readings. This will
average your readings. If you use Expert GPS, the program will do the averaging
for you (if you tell it to, that is...)

Sarah