[GeoStL] Re: Article

  • From: Tom Wolpert <tom_wolpert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2012 13:40:21 -0700 (PDT)

Judi probably has other input.  But I doubt if we can generalize much from this
one.

The first problem was an installation issue with the particular macro
(Nuvi_GPX_to_CT by Red Roo) on more recent (more secure) versions of Windows
like Win7.  You fix this one by copying a piece of the POI Loader (sox.exe) to
the directory where the macro expects to find it and failed to install it.
That part might generalize.

The second problem had to do with a missing directory (or misconfigured macro
settings, not sure which).  That one was probably specific to Judi's situation
and does not generalize at all.

Tom