[geeqie] Re: importing to Photos/YYYY/MM/DD/tag

  • From: Colin Clark <colin.clark@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geeqie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2018 11:01:25 +0100

I think it will always be necessary to use an external program to download photos. Geeqie simply provides you with the ability to call other programs via plugins.

I use the command line interface to gphoto2.

I have an icon on the toolbar to point to a plugin .desktop file
The desktop file calls a shell script
The shell script calls gphoto2

To use gphoto2 with your method of storing files, it would be necessary for the shell script to:
Call gphoto2 with the option --list to get the list of files to download
Use the option --show-info to get the date of each file, and then create the necessary folder
Use the option --get-file to copy the file to the destination folder

If you want a something easily integrated into Geeqie, unless a ready-made solution already exists somewhere on the interweb unfortunately I think it will be necessary for you to do a bit of scripting to get the result you want.