[gameprogrammer] net2, and general questions regarding sdl on windows

  • From: jake briggs <jakbri@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 21:41:27 +1300

Hi All

I am having troubles trying to set up a development environment on windows, and compile net2. I follow one tutorial, and some things work, but others don't! I can't even really begin to describe the issues, they seem to vary.... But they all revolve around either missing libraries, or the fact that I am not sure exactly how to modify my environment to match how things do stuff. I have tried mingw and minsys and I think I am getting my acronyms mixed up :)

Its a little frustrating since on my debian machine, I can just apt-get away, getting the dev packages of the libraries I want to use, and the makefiles just work, and everything is peachy! I even managed to set up a cross compiling environment without too many issues, and even compiled a couple of lazy foo (http://lazyfoo.net/SDL_tutorials/index.php) tutorials and had them run on windows :D But I can't get net2 to compile in this manner, even after modifying the makefile to replace the compiler executables....

I suppose, I am asking for some advice on how to set up an environment on windows to compile sdl apps that I write, I am intending t use net2 since, well, I quite like it :)

Jake