[gameprogrammer] Re: database for fast games

  • From: "Alan Wolfe" <alan.wolfe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 09:33:42 -0800

oh interesting.

Some databases allow you to make multiple inserts into a table with a single
sql statement, one way to make this process faster would be to store a bunch
of the random numbers in memory and then every 10 seconds you could dump
them to the database, or dump them when you have more than 1000 or
something...

If your random number generation algorithm is reproducable from a seed
though, you might be better off just storing the seed that started it
all. How are you generating your random numbers?

On 10/31/06, RÃben LÃcio <rubenlr@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Its a random numbers game. every random is done, i store that state for furure studes.

Mysql is too strong for us, we have to use the lessers then possible
machine. with i smaller database.

its have to run on windows and linux.

ty,

rÃben

On 10/31/06, Roger D Vargas <luo_hei@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Perhaps Mysql with transaction support disabled.
>

> RÃben LÃcio escribiÃ:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have to use one database to log some actions in my game. It will run
> > every play, but it's not too much. In my current tests it's 45 for
> minute.
> >
> > I'm using SQLite at this moment. Somebody have other small and fast
> > database for inserts?
> >
> > Thank you,
> >
> > RÃben
>
> --
> http://dsgp.blogspot.com | Linux, programaciÃn, juegos
> Have no place I can be since I found Serenity
> But you can't take the sky from me

-- Linux user #433535 Linux because we are freedon.