[gameprogrammer] Re: What to do after C++?

  • From: Scott Harper <lareon@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2007 12:08:37 -0600

On Aug 31, 2007, at 10:08 AM, Matthew Weigel wrote:

My advice if you don't want to go that route is to get a book on
DirectX or OpenGL game programming and go through that.

That's also good advice, and all the tools necessary to make a go of it are also free. I recommend the GBA because there is less API to learn,
and more just pure "this is the way games run."  It also stretches the
mind a bit to try something new. :-)

For this reason exactly I have considered trying to write a GBA game before. I never actually HAVE... but I've considered it because it's different, and that's worthwhile! ^_^

Hopefully sometime in the near future I will finally actually get down to it.

-- Scott